The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC) was founded in 1981 to advocate for universal, affordable, high quality, not-for-profit child care in Ontario.
Our work includes.
• Advocating for universal, affordable, high-quality child care through our website, quarterly advocacy update and the news media. Public speaking at events and conferences and community colleges.
• Active information on what’s new on our website, on Facebook and on Twitter.
• Working with our member groups and the early learning and child care sector to educate decision makers about the importance of early learning and child care.
• Working with parents to ensure a strong voice for universal, affordable, high-quality childcare.
• Monitoring provincial, national and local changes affecting early learning and child care
• Publish the Guide to Child Care in Ontario, Best Practices for Ontario’s Early Learning Program and the Child Care Management Guide among other resources and publications.
• Participating in an array of advisory committees, task forces, community planning bodies and child care development associations
489 College Street, Suite 206, Toronto, ON M6G 1A5
Phone: 416-538-0628 ex 2. toll-free 1-800-594-7514
Follow us on Twitter @ChildCareON
Looking for child care news? Go to http://www.childcareontario.org
Click here for Membership information
ABOUT THE COORDINATORS
Carolyn Ferns is the Public Policy and Government Relations Coordinator at The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care. Carolyn has a background in early childhood education and is passionate about the field. She worked for over ten years at the Childcare Resource and Research Unit and has Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Early Childhood Studies from Ryerson University. She is a dedicated leader in our sector and leads with dignity and compassion. She provided much support, encouragement, creative problem solving and kindness throughout this project.
Viktoria graduated from George Brown College as a Registered Early Childhood Educator receiving accolades such as The Noel Young Award of Excellence for community commitment and advocacy. After graduating She worked as an ECE in a variety of Child Care Centres in Toronto developing a great passion for advocacy and creative programming. She is now working at the Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care as the Administration and Member Coordinator. She is the Co-Founder of The Sexual Assault Action Coalition and proud member of the OFL Women’s Committee and Equal Pay Committee.
“This project is a way for me to share all the important moments that I was fortunate enough to see every day in Child Care. Its my call to community, we need accessible, affordable and universal child care for all families. These pictures capture the beauty of that kind of quality care.”
Thank you to everyone who made this project possible:
Carolyn Ferns, The Board of The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care, Lyndsay Macdonald, Shani Halfon, Sue Parker, Joel Clifton, Mackenzie Lashbrook, Robin Vengroff, Csilla Tefoglou, Jessica Thorp, Laurie Monsebraaten, Alana Powell and all the Children, Child Care Centres and families. Thank you.